Samoa Cake tastes like the beloved girl scout cookie in bundt cake form with a tender cake full of chocolate flavor covered in a caramel frosting and lots of toasted coconut. A drizzle of caramel sauce and chocolate sauce makes it even harder to resist.
We’re coming up on Girl Scout Cookie season which I look forward to every year. Samoas are my favorite cookie period. They are single handedly responsible for turning me from a coconut hater into a coconut lover.
Seriously, for the first 30+ years of my life I would not eat anything with shredded coconut. And then I had a samoa cookie. And my life changed. How could I have missed out on so many years of samoa cookie eating?
For those days when there are no samoa cookies to be had, it can be fun to flavor other desserts with that fabulous coconut, caramel, and chocolate flavor combination. Even oatmeal.
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
Caramel Frosting :
- ¾ cup butter (1½ sticks)
- ¼ cup jarred caramel sauce
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Caramel Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour and bundt pan (or usebaking spray).
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl (heat at 20 second intervals) until smooth when stirred. Set Aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until blended well, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in melted chocolate just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to batter, alternating with sour cream, beating at LOW speed just until blended after each addition.
- Slowly, with mixer on LOW speed, add hot water.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan then remove cake from pan to cool completely
You can find complete recipes of this Samoa Bundt Cake in spicysouthernkitchen.com