BBQ Ranch Gilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls served over black bean rice with delicious grilled veggies, marinated and grilled chicken, and a delicious.
Why is it that once the warmer weather comes, all I want for dinner is something flavored with BBQ and/or ranch?! This Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza is a family favorite on the weekends. Taco Salad is one of my go-to meals during the week, (especially this Shredded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Chipotle Ranch), and these BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are also super easy and fun during the summer.
But one thing is always certain: once the warm weather rolls in I rely heavily on our barbecue for making dinner. Everything tastes better with that smokey, “fresh off the grill” taste. I usually keep it simple by marinating chicken in something simple like BBQ sauce or Italian dressing.
But one of our new favorites is marinating chicken in one of the Hidden Valley® new dressing flavors. Have you seen them at your local store? They have Cilantro Lime Ranch, Buffalo Ranch, Sriracha Ranch and Honey BBQ Ranch. Every single flavor is bold and DELICIOUS.
Each flavor has endless uses (besides just marinating chicken). They put a fun twist on everything from burgers, to tacos, to pasta salads, and everything in between. We also love dipping veggies in them.
For the chicken and veggies:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) bottle Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch® Dressing
- 1 zucchini, washed and sliced into 1/4” thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, seeded and sliced
- 4 ears of grilled corn on the cob (or substitute 1 1/2 cups cooked corn)
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish, if desired
For the rice:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, washed and drained
FOR THE RICE :
- Add oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and rice and saute, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until rice begins to get golden brown. Add cumin, chicken broth and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff gently with a fork. Set aside.
- For the chicken and veggies.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a shallow dish and baste with 1 heaping cup of Hidden Valley Honey BBQ Ranch Dressing. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- To grill the zucchini and bell peppers you can use a grill basket and cook them over medium heat on the
- grill, or use a grill pan on the stove. You can also cook the ears of corn on the grill (instructions here), or on the grill pan on the stove.
You can find complete recipes of this BBQ RANCH GRILLED CHICKEN AND VEGGIE BOWLS in tastesbetterfromscratch.com